Tom Ryan /Drums, Dean Kohler /Guitar & Vocals,
George Newsome /Bass
Absolutely my favorite band and favorite lineup
This is how it went........
Dean /Guitar & Vocals, Robert Carp /Drums, Pete McCloskey /Bass
1. Spectrum came up with a new name, a new look, and a new song list.
2. Then, Pete McCloskey (right), quit to follow a different vocation.
3. Pete was replaced by Don Lawrence on bass.
4. A couple of weeks later, Don quit
and was replaced by Gary Bryant (left)
5. A couple of weeks later, Gary was replaced by George Newsome
(center), Dean's former next door neighbor and the guy that played
bass on Dean's 1968 record "Gooseberry Pie"
6. Robert was then replaced on drums by Tom Ryan (center)
and Mad Wax band began.
These pictures were taken at a rock festival by a staff
photographer from The Virginian Pilot. They appeared
in the newspaper and the large one above was titled
David Edwards /Guitar & Vocals, Ronnie Allred /Bass,
Tom Ryan /Drums, Dean /Guitar & Vocals
-By far, the most successful version of Mad Wax-
Sometimes I refer to this as version 2
Tom Ryan /Drums, Gerry Herndon /Guitar & Vocals,
Dean /Guitar & Vocals, Thomas Stevenson /Bass
-The final version of Mad Wax-
To see a music video of Mad Wax
Go To www.youtube.com
Type Dean Kohler in the search box
select Dean Kohler & Mad Wax
* * *
In 1971 our agent Asked me to shoot a new
band picture. He made a big deal out of
the need for a classy sophisticated
photo worthy of his representation.
So I sent him this one:
Return To The Bands Page